Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swamp Rabbit

Time: 41:17
Distance: 6.06 miles
Pace: 6:48
Map

After wrapping things up at Fleet Feet Greenville I was off in search of a place to run in perhaps the only city that I would consider living in South Carolina. I was told about the Swamp Rabbit trail system that was near Cleveland Park near the store. I found it with relative ease as it runs all over the city. I ran out in one direction only to discover that the path ended in a park similar to Freedom Park. I decided to turn around and run in the other direction past my vehicle and toward downtown. I should have gone that direction to begin with as the path was only going to take me all the way out to Furman if I wanted.

At one part of the bike path there was a rubberized surface specifically for runners and walkers. I had never seen this before and, unfortunately, the surface was complete mush. I would take four steps on it and then pop off onto the bike path. It was a unique sensation going from the asphalt to a cushioned, energy absorbing platform. I don't think the guys who laid that path ran much.

No comments: