Friday, May 21, 2010

Late Morning Miles

Time: 36:27
Distance: 5.31 miles
Pace: 6:52
Map

I put in a few miles this morning through Freedom Park. I didn't get out the door until a little later as I had a bit of a late night. Nothing exciting, just didn't get home until 11:00 pm after driving home from Fleet Feet North Augusta. My legs felt really good out on the run which is a good sign for tomorrow's race.

I also got heckled running through Freedom Park. I guess you could call it being heckled, although it was certainly unintentional. What's so disgusting about running with your shirt off? Maybe it's the short shorts? The elementary school aged kids definitely think it's gross because they have to go "Eeewwwww!!!" Little turds. Haven't you ever been to a swimming pool before? My running attire is no different than going for a swim. Perhaps it's a matter of location and context. Either way, little kids don't feel comfortable around a guy running by in the split cuts. I always ignore their taunts, but want to respond with something along the lines of, "you think this is disgusting? Take a look at your ma, now that's a revolting fat hag." Real mature right.

No comments: