Friday, May 28, 2010

Medium Loop #2

Time: 54:50
Distance: 8.51 miles
Pace: 6:26
Map

This morning I was schedule to do an eight mile tempo run. It wasn't going to happen. Too hot, too long, too little sleep again. Instead I ventured back to Freedom Park for a medium loop at a good pace, but still slower than yesterday's uptempo effort. I've been pretty good during the training cycle with getting in all the workouts, easy runs, and drills/strides. However, today it just wasn't meant to be. I knew had I gone out to McAlpine to run 8 miles hard, I would have left disappointed. My body is feeling the effects of poor hydration and little sleep from earlier this week. It's better to listen to the body and take this week as a bit of a recovery and gear up for big things after King Tiger.

Splits: 7:23, 6:57, 6:41, 6:35, 6:20, 6:07, 5:58, 5:49

Meagan's race last night was amazing. She put it all on the line and was able to grab 3rd place. With 300m to go I thought she had a chance at winning the whole thing. Read about it more on her blog.

No comments: