Monday, January 12, 2009

1 Shirt, 2 Shirts, Red Shirt, Blue Shirt

Time: 48:15
Distance: 7.01 miles
Pace: 6:53
Splits: 7:33, 7:04, 6:36, 6:38, 7:02, 6:45, 6:34
Map & Data

Taking inventory sucks. It's terrible counting items and trying to keep track of those items. I wasn't even counting nuts and bolts from a hardware store. I was tallying shoes, shirts, jackets and big items from the store in Gus' barn that is obviously not heated. It doesn't help when it's colder in the barn than it is outside. I think I was cold most of the day and the monotonous task was worse than watching the Sooners get beat by Tim "Jesus" Tebow. Did you hear the one about how he's skipping the NFL Draft and ascending straight to heaven?

I spent most of the day in the barn but then Gus and I were called in to pick up some items from Stein Mart because the location in Norman was going out of business. Everything must go. Literally, everything in the store was for sale. All the clothes, wall hangers, mirrors, fixtures, tables. Everything. Anna (Gus' wife) made the decision to purchase a good amount of those items, and Gus and I were responsible for loading all those items and taking them to OK Runner, back to the barn and leaving them out at some abandoned house that Gus stores random stuff. Pretty cool.

By the end of the day I was not wanting to run. I was pretty tired and mostly bored, but running was one of the last things I wanted to do. I finally started feeling yesterday's workout around 3 pm when the body started shutting down. Unfortunately, I only had run 6 miles this morning and that's pretty pathetic so I laced up the boots and ran home from Gus. It didn't help that a cold front was blowing through which quickly brought dropping temps and 30-40 mph gusts. I had the wind at my back for most of the run but I also had it at my side for parts. Getting blasted by sand/dirt is not fun and the hills coming in from Gus' are really dark. I had my dorky headlamp which helped immensely but the run wasn't fun. It was kinda cool that it's exactly 7 miles from Gus front door to mine based on the route I took. Glad to be done and done.

1 comment:

Jilane said...

You know, I never thought I'd say this... but your day at work was definitely worse than mine. I'm now embarrassed for my public bitching.