Monday, January 5, 2009

Final Balboa Park Run

Time: 60:54
Distance: 8.01 miles
Pace: 7:36

View of the San Diego hills from the airport. It's kinda hard to ignore the ramp for gate 32, but try hard to focus on the hills.

This was an easy run done in Balboa Park with Meagan on our last day in California. Both of us fly back to our respective apartments for some time. I like running in Balboa Park, and I hate to say this, but it is kinda boring. I'm not too impressed with the trails on the far side of the park across from the zoo and the upper section along Sixth St isn't big enough. I love the weather and seeing lots of people outside playing football, frisbee, soccer and walking/jogging, but from a true running perspective the park lacks quite a bit. This final run was nice and easy and my body doesn't feel too sore from yesterday's 23 mile effort. I probably won't be able to again today so I guess this week is starting off with an easy 8 miler.

1 comment:

Meagan Nedlo said...

worst. blog. photo. ever.