Friday, January 9, 2009

Boomer Screwner

Time: 68:16
Distance: 10.01 miles
Pace: 6:49
Splits: 7:37, 7:01, 6:57, 6:55, 6:46, 6:45, 6:43, 6:31, 6:31, 6:23

Getting up this morning was rough because OU lost last night's BCS Championship game against Florida. Scotty D, Spencer, Jerry's Kids and I met up over at Coaches on Main St. to watch the game and get something to eat. The tv viewing was great but the crowd wasn't as lively as I would have liked. We ate a good amount of nachos, cheese fries and a few slices of pizza along with a healthy number of 1/2 gallon growlers. After OU lost we walked up to a nearly empty Bison Witches and Spenis kept the party going with a few gin and tonics or some other iced beverage with lime. I was happy to be able to walk home in 2 minutes and I would have loved to see Scotty D ride his bike back to his house at 1 am. I imagine he was a little wobbly and the route wasn't the most direct. Needless to say I wasn't looking forward to crawling out of my nest this morning.

I still managed to put in an easy 10 miler out in Sutton Woods. I ran about 4 dirt loops and was glad to be protected from the Oklahoma wind that just returned. I don't feel any residual signs from yesterday's mini-workout which is a good sign. I'd be in trouble if I were sore from such a light amount of work. Tonight I hope to put in another run from the store.

No comments: