Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Slow & Steady

Time: 54:44
Distance: 7.08 miles
Pace: 7:44
Splits: 8:15, 8:00, 7:47, 7:43, 736, 7:27, 7:20
Map & Data

I got a text this morning on my way to work from Kristi who was going to be getting off early which meant she wanted to run around 7 pm. I needed an extra run or two to let my hammy recover and thought running with Kristi would provide a good easy slog. We left her place and I found us an easy 7 miles around the dark streets of Norman. School started today which means there is a lot more traffic out there. Luckily, I was prepared with my headlamp and reflective vest. That second part is a lie, it will be a few more years before I start truly geeking out with Nightlife garbage.

I wore a compression sleeve on my right calf and right hamstring in hopes of keeping things loose. I looked a bit ridiculous, but if it keeps me running I'll do it. The pace was slow so it took a few miles before the body started feeling comfortable. It was a great night to be out running in Norman, glad I was a part of it.

No comments: