Thursday, January 8, 2009

Garmin on Wrist, Computer in Hand

Time: 31:03
Distance: 4.70 miles
Pace: 6:37
Splits: 7:01, 6:37, 6:36, 6:24, 4:25 (for . 70 miles or 6:21 pace)

Tonight was a great night for a run as it wasn't too cold and the wind was blowing just a touch out of the south. I suited up, grabbed Mr. Garmin and my computer and planned to finish my run at Thai Raja on Jenkins. I guess you could say the new computer is pretty small if I could click off 6:30s while carrying a computer. I wouldn't recommend it and I will try not to do it again, but it's definitely possible. I was feeling good and overdressed for the night with a 1/4 zip and jacket. It was a bit longer than expected over to Thai Raja but well worth it. I didn't feel like looking at the menu too carefully so I asked the waitress what would be delicious. She picked out a chicken dish that came with a bowl of rice that was simply amazing. The chicken was fried lightly which created a small crust and the sauce was sweet with a hint of spice. I asked for a 7/10 on the spice level but it was more like a 3 or 4. Regardless, the dish was tasty and I was even able to take some of it home for another day.

No comments: