Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Morning from Main St.

Time: 50:23
Distance: 7 miles

This morning was an easy run from the new pad on Main St. up to the GT and over to the west side of town. I got in late last night to OKC and Scotty D was kind enough to drop me off at my new place. When I left Oklahoma I did so in a hurry and finished moving the day I traveled to California. I was greeted by lots of shoes, unopened boxes and a draft. One thing I was not greeted by was a bed. I made a little nest over in the corner that was quite comfortable and warm. This more or less means I slept on the floor, but I'm okay with that. I enjoy sleeping on couches and the floor isn't too different.

I had never run from there before and I now need to make some new loops. I have lived at the Campus Lodge my entire time in Oklahoma and most of my runs started and ended in the apartment complex. Now that I've changed spots I'm going to find some new places or at least loops to run. I noticed that it only took me just over 9 minutes to get to the GT when in used to take 25 minutes from my old place. My legs felt great and I tried to keep the pace easy. I only had enough time to put in 50 minutes of running but I will get back out there this evening. I just hope the wind holds off.

No comments: