Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Little R&D (Run & Drills)

Time: 31:46
Distance: 4.01 miles
Pace: 7:55

This afternoon Meagan and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire and when we arrived to the theater the line was draping around the corner and down the stairs. Meagan and I got lucky because I looked up and saw that my dad and Roger were already in line to see The Reader. Pops was even kind enough to purchase the tickets to our flick. The movie was great and I would recommend it to anyone. Afterward, we went back to the house, put on our costumes and were out the door for a short run. We jogged over to Balboa Park and did a few loops on the upper grassy sections along 6th Ave. My legs were feeling good and at 3 miles we stopped, stretched and did some drills including the one that made both of our calves entirely sore. A quick jog back to the apartment gave us just enough time to clean up and head out to Kous Kous along 4th Ave.

The Moroccan restaurant served up some great dishes including a appetizer sampler that had spinach, roasted tomatoes and peppers, caramelized carrots and egg plant. The pita bread was delicious and I even tried the Stone Pale Ale one more time. (An anonymous poster called me arrogant, potentially Scotty D, for not liking the beer on the first go around). This time it was out of a bottle and I enjoyed the brew fully. I also sampled a Red Trolley Ale which I also though was pretty tasty.

Later in the evening Meagan and I met up with her friend from TCU who is known as either (a) "The Hot Cop" because she is hot and is a cop or (b) "Dirty Pirate Hooker" because I probably don't want to know. We patronized the Princess Pub which was full of San Diego Chargers fans who were celebrating the OT win over the Colts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to sound hostile with my last comment. There really is a good beer from stone brewery called the arrogant bastard. I can think of many hostilities to utter at you but that's not one of them. Wrenn is now injured as well. I think someone put negative juju on th runners of Norman, so hopefully it will ware off before you get back.