Monday, January 19, 2009

When the Drums Beat Slow

Time: 60:10
Distance: 9.01 miles
Pace: 6:41
Splits: 7:54, 7:12, 6:49, 6:40, 6:41, 6:33, 6:16, 6:07, 5:57
Map & Data

Sometimes the drums beat fast, sometimes the drums beat slow. I think that's like an ancient Chinese proverb or something like that. I'm not sure if Gabe Jennings said those exact words but it was close enough for people to conclude he was a bit off his rocker. I ran up to Sutton this morning and took a few spins around the dirt loop to keep things lite (in the calorie sense). I heard the wind pick up last night and I didn't know that was going to happen so when I woke up I didn't want to fight the wind most of the run. Sutton provided a little bit of shelter during the run. The body felt pretty good, but I can tell my right hamstring is a bit fatigued. I'm going to make sure to stretch throughout the day while I'm at work in hopes of loosening the sucker up.

No comments: