Friday, January 9, 2009

Nuttier than Squirrel Poop

Time: 39:21
Distance: 5.73 miles
Pace: 6:52
Splits: 7:42, 7:02, 6:56, 6:31, 6:36, 4:35 (for .73 miles or 6:19 pace)

I worked a relatively slow day at the store, but I did sell a couple pairs of Lunartrainers. I think they are going to be flying out the door soon at OK Runner, better get yours today. A few customers mentioned that there was a cold front moving in tonight that was to arrive around 10 pm. When we closed shop Gus and I put on our costumes and headed out for a run. I was surprised to see that the wind had switched directions already. This morning it was out of the south and tonight it was most definitely out of the north. The temperature hadn't dropped too much yet so the run was still pleasant despite the constant 20 mph wind. I ran the standard out and back course down to the corner of Robinson and 60th. The legs felt good and I kept the pace easy. On the return, I ran a bit quicker with the boost from the breeze.

Gus returned from his run a few minutes after me and he immediately went to the refrigerator for a beer. He had a Corona while I enjoyed a Moose Drool. The bottom of the cap said "Nuttier than squirrel poop." I liked that saying and hope to incorporate that into my daily banter. When it was time to leave out the back door, Gus and I noticed that it was significantly colder and much windier. The drive home was accompanied by clouds of dust that were a result of the ongoing construction along 36th St. A quick check on the iPhone showed me that it was 49 degrees with a wind of 39 mph and gusts to 49 mph. That's pretty legit.

Tonight I'm posting from Winan's on Main St. It's a cool little coffee/chocolate shop that has Internet and overly priced treats. I also took a quick spin through Native Roots for the first time and bought some stuff to eat for dinner. I'm glad that they have a decent, albeit small, selection of food in bulk. Overall, the prices of Native Roots are a bit high, but the items are locally grown and of high quality. I also can't complain that it's located 300 meters up the street from the new pad.

No comments: