Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pre-Ted's Run

Time: 41:50
Distance: 6.01 miles
Pace: 6:58
Splits: 7:41, 7:03, 6:52, 6:49, 6:47, 6:36
Map & Data

Earlier this afternoon Kristi shot me a text saying that she didn't have to go into work. She was up for doing something and mentioned that Aja was coming to town. The pair stopped by the store around 6 pm and we decided to go to Ted's Cafe Escondido. After a quick run that is becoming really standard for the evening's from the store, it was off to grab some grub. The legs were feeling quite good tonight and I enjoyed the run thoroughly. Gus and I had a brief conversation on the run as we crossed paths. It went something like this:
Gus: "Are you wearing a jacket?"
Jordan: "Yea."
G: "You're a wuss!!!"
J: "Are you wearing pants?"
G: "Yea! I don't want my willy to look silly!"
J: "That's not a problem because you have a wu wu."

If you're unfamiliar with a wu wu, then let me share with you another exchange that Anna (Gus' wife) overheard between her two grandsons.
Colin: "You have a wu wu!"
Caleb: "I do not! I have a wee wee!"
Col: "No you don't!"
Cal: "I do too!"

Anyway, around the store if you do something to downplay your machismo, inevitably a wu wu comment will come out. Tonight Gus got it for making fun of me for wearing a jacket and shorts when he was wearing long sleeves and tights.

No comments: