Thursday, January 1, 2009

Year in Review

Total Miles: 2,501
Total Time: You figure it out.
32 weeks of running?

I actually ran a little bit farther than the 2,500 miles I have logged on this blog, but a few of those weeks were a little depressing when I was struggling with injuries in the spring and didn't feel the need to record anything. This was a good year of running, but I didn't have any breakthrough performances. Last year I was lucky enough to race in Japan and run some big 5ks around the country. This year I was trying to do some new things on and off the track and just didn't put it together. I had wanted to run the Marine Corps Marathon with Team OJ/Team MJ, but in the process I over trained. Live and learn.

I hope there will be some new running experiences in some great places this new year. I'll be running my first marathon in Austin in the middle of February and potentially will race the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon for OK Runner too. After that I don't know what my running plans will be. I want to take another crack at running a fast mile or even stepping on the track to run a quality 5k/10k, but I'm not sure if any of that will come to fruition.

As I write from Jilane's house in Brea, CA the body is feeling good and the spirits are high. I think I can sub 2:25 in my debut at the 'thon and know I can run some quality races in the spring/summer. Norman is getting a stronger running community together and I want it to continue to grow. Scotty D had been a great training partner and hopefully his foot stops being a bastard so that he can join me out on the 'crete a bit more. Jerry Faulkner had a breakthrough performance at the Tulsa Marathon and he should be able to run a fast 10k somewhere. Even though we lost Holly to 'zona, there will be many good runs to come in '09.

No comments: