Thursday, January 15, 2009

It Could Be Worse

Time: 55:20
Distance: 8.01 miles
Pace: 6:54
Splits:
8:10, 7:27, 7:07, 6:54, 6:46, 6:27, 6:18, 6:06
Map & Data

It was not warm out there this morning, but I had to get out there because I didn't run last night. Most of yesterday was spent building shelves for shoes in the back office. A cold front moved in from the north and by the time it was time to run last night, I didn't feel like it.

I woke up and saw that it was 21 degrees with a "real feel" of 5. Five! That's ridiculous. It was a miserable, cold, windy run that took me to Sutton Woods for a few loops. I was really surprised to see at least 4 different people out walking their dogs around the 1.5 mile loop. I was really surprised when I saw a high schooler walking to school without a jacket. What a dumbass! It's 5 freakin' degrees and this moron doesn't have a jacket on. I think he was also wearing makeup or eye shadow. Not sure where that puts him on the wu wu/wee wee debate.

I was cold for most of the run and was glad to be done at 8 miles. This evening after Scotty's ART appointment up in OKC I will run at Lake Hefner again. Perhaps it will be another one lap evening. Scotty also told me that in some places up north, temperatures have been in the -30's. That's brutal. Good luck running with that DeCoste.

No comments: