Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feeling Great and Keeping it Going

Time: 68:56
Distance: 10.55 miles
Pace: 6:32
Splits: 7:34, 7:04, 6:55, 6:32, 6:34, 6:31, 6:29, 6:08, 5:34, 6:04, 3:26 (for .55 miles at 6:16 pace)
Map & Data

I had a great run this morning out on the 'crete of Norman. The first few steps out the door told me that the legs were feeling great. I half wanted to cut some shapes but I didn't want to be confined to the track. I ran by campus, toured the old neighborhood and found my to the OU golf course. I was needing many more miles and the legs continued to feel great. The body was relaxed and the running was going well. I glided through Scotty D's 'hood and then up to Pickard where I started a little Fartlek. I set the watch and rattled off 6 x 1 min on, 1 min off. I'm not sure how fast the "on" intervals were and I don't really care. There were a couple mile splits in there that were rather quick and that was because there were more "on" intervals for the mile than "off" ones.

No comments: