Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brief Brookhaven Workout

Time: 62:34
Distance: 9.78 miles
Pace: 6:24
W/u Splits: 7:41, 7:13, 6:52, 4:04 (for .60 miles at 6:47 pace)
Workout Splits: 5:13, 5:09, 1 min rest for .13 miles, 5:06, 4:58
C/d Splits: 7:48, 7:10
Map & Data

I was chatting with Scotty this afternoon and it sounded like we weren't going to head up to OKC a little early for a jog with Spenis. Since I wasn't going to be able to get on the Bishop McGuinness track and I had my mind set on working out, I figured I'd do something in Brookhaven with Scotty. We met up around 5 pm and we took a quick spin to see where the 2 mile mark would be and then returned to his sister's house. I changed shoes and geared up for the hard section of the workout.

Scotty was great at blocking traffic and riding at a speed just out of reach which gave me something to focus on. My legs felt great. Lots of power, smooth gait and efficient. The breathing was relaxed as well. I kept at it knowing I was going to hammer the last mile and I felt great doing so. I would have liked to run 3 by 2 mile, but we didn't have the time because we were already running a little behind for breadsticks.

My hamstring warmed up nicely and it was a non-factor during the workout. On the cool down I could feel that my achilles tendon was a little tight. I'm planning to wear the Strasburg Sock tonight just to make sure the tendon remains flexed. When I got done cooling down I took the time to massage my right calf and could tell the ligaments/tendons that run from the base of my heel, up to my soleus are tight. I was glad to get this one in and happy that it felt so easy.

No comments: