Thursday, January 1, 2009

Morning Shakeout

Time: 31:52
Distance: 4.00 miles
Pace: Really slow

Last night was a great time in downtown Brea for New Year's Eve with some awesome friends. Our group consisted of Team MJ and myself, plus Jake and his fiancé Erin, along with Jaclyn, Jilane's sister, and a couple of her friends. We started off at Octopus Japanese Fusion and then made our way over to Yard House to enjoy some good brews and ring in the new year. I sampled a Stone IPA which recommended by Jake the Schnake. It was good and I liked the fact it is brewed in San Diego but I didn't love it. Next I had a solid fallback in Smithwick's which was followed up by the novelty beer of Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat that tastes like either Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops.

Me, Meagan, Erin, Jake. Sweet jacket Meagan.

They passed out noise makers as the clock neared midnight.

Usain Bolt joined the party.

The run this morning was rather short and rather slow. We ran down from Jilane's house and put a few miles in along Lambert. The most notable part of the run was the fact that the 1.5 mile turn around was actually 1.68 miles which means Jilane's 3 mile runs all throughout high school and college were closer to 3.5 miles. Who would have thought that to be the case. Freakin' overachiever. I added on a little bit extra in the neighborhood to get to 4 miles. Yay me.

No comments: