Monday, January 19, 2009

Another Recovery Run

Time: 35:55
Distance: 5.18 miles
Pace: 6:56
Splits: 7:30, 7:03, 6:48, 6:43, 6:39, 1:11 (for .18 miles at 6:43 pace)
Map & Data

Tonight's run was another easy run through Brookhaven. I didn't have my headlamp so I decided not to run down Rock Creek Rd. to the flats. Instead I kept the run up in the neighborhood where there are street lamps. My right hamstring is a bit more sore/tight than it was earlier this morning. Not sure what that is all about because I was pretty good about warming it up before leaving on the run and stretching when we were slow at the store. I'm going to monitor this thing pretty closely the next couple of days in order to prevent any further twinges to the muscle. I could use a massage in the near future, but don't really see that happening. I want to put in a couple harder, more pace type workouts this week, but I don't see that happening if opening up the stride is going to be limited by a tight hammy.

No comments: