Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 686:16
Distance: 96 miles

A solid week of training topped off with a 23 mile long run. I got in a good tempo run on the track during Meagan's shape cutting session and another decent effort of 3 miles after her tempo. I don't really have a scheduled training plan right now and have just been running hard or up-tempo when the body, legs and mind sync up. I'm glad that I have been able to toss in some sub-5:20 pace miles at the end of runs and not feel like it takes that much out of me. A few months ago I used to bicker to Meagan about how she and Jilane could close runs at 6:30 pace and not think too much about it. Their marathon pace was closer to 6:55 and for them to run 25 seconds faster rather easily just didn't make any sense. Now that my fitness is coming around I can toss in miles at sub-marathon pace without too much thought.

No comments: