Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tom McArdle Distance

Time: ~5 mins
Distance: who cares

So this afternoon before hopping a flight to Charlotte to visit Meagan and Jeffrey, I met up with Scotty on Main St. for a short jog. I wasn't too warmed up upon his arrival but I did a little backwards running to bring me back to the days when Tom McArdle was around Norman. Next I experimented with running in the Nike Free 7.0 vs. the Lunartrainers because the latter seems a bit too constricting. The Frees are a bit softer around the achilles and seemed to cause less discomfort. I decided to take them for a spin around the streets of Norman but didn't make it too far. I stopped along the train tracks and let Scotty continue on solo because the achilles started to tighten significantly. I walked back to the apartment and massaged the lower calf quickly before showering and finalizing my packing out east.

I will say that traveling with Oxysocks is huge time. My ankles usually swell with all the sitting and the socks help prevent the formation of "cankles." Also, I noticed that walking around the airport I didn't notice that my achilles was giving me too much of a pain indication despite the failed Tom McArdlesque attempt at a run this afternoon.

No comments: